Maps Topographical sketch of the New Market, Va., battlefield of May 15, 1864,
About this Item
- Topographical sketch of the New Market, Va., battlefield of May 15, 1864,
- Contributor Names
- Colonna, B. Allison.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.], c1912.
- Subject Headings
- - New Market, Battle of, New Market, Va., 1864--Maps
- - Battlefields--Virginia
- - New Market (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--New Market
- - New Market, Battle of, New Market, Va
- - Scale 1:15,840.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 586
- - "The sketch is of the battlefield as it was in May, 1864. The woods, orchards, houses and other cultural features and the places where certain ones fell are from lifelong residents of New Market who were there on the day of the battle."
- - Inset: [Sketch of part of the Woodstock, Virginia, sheet of the U.S. Geological Survey] 30 x 14 cm. (triangle shape)
- - Indicates roads, contour lines, hachures, drainage, vegetation, and "Cadet Camp Whitwell, May 16, 1864."
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 54 x 37 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.N37S5 1912 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Colonna, B. Allison. Topographical sketch of the New Market, Va., battlefield of May 15, 1864. [S.l, 1912] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448861/. (Accessed August 29, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Colonna, B. A. (1912) Topographical sketch of the New Market, Va., battlefield of May 15, 1864. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448861/.
MLA citation style:
Colonna, B. Allison. Topographical sketch of the New Market, Va., battlefield of May 15, 1864. [S.l, 1912] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99448861/>.