Map Connecticut, from the best authorities.
About this Item
- Connecticut, from the best authorities.
- Contributor Names
- Carey, Mathew, 1760-1839.
- Created / Published
- [S.l., 1795]
- Subject Headings
- - Connecticut--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Connecticut--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Connecticut
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - From: General Atlas-Carey's edition of Guthrie's Geography.
- 1 map ; 29 x 36 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3780 1795 .C2 TIL
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. From: General Atlas-Carey's edition of Guthrie's Geography.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Carey, Mathew. Connecticut, from the Best Authorities. [S.l, 1795] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99466758/.
APA citation style:
Carey, M. (1795) Connecticut, from the Best Authorities. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99466758/.
MLA citation style:
Carey, Mathew. Connecticut, from the Best Authorities. [S.l, 1795] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99466758/>.
More Maps like this
MapTo the right honourable, the Earl of Shelbourne, His Majesty's principal Secretary of State for the ... Scale ca. 1:275,000. Relief shown pictorially. Shows counties, towns, rivers, and post roads. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1022 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster...
- Contributor: Park, Moses - Lansdowne, William Petty
- Date: 1766
MapConnecticut, from the best authorities. Scale ca. 1:460,000. Relief shown pictorially. Prime meridian: Philadelphia. "Engraved for Carey's American edition of Guthrie's Geography improved." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault...
- Contributor: Doolittle, Amos
- Date: 1795
MapNew York. Relief shown pictorially. Prime meridians: London and Philadelphia. State II (post 1799), according to Wheat & Brun. LC copy: in pencil on red bordered label on verso: 449/8. Available also through the...
- Contributor: Carey, Mathew
- Date: 1801
MapDelaware from the best authorities. Engraver statements present beneath title on early editions effaced from plate for this one. Slight traces remain. Prime meridian: Philadelphia. LC copy trimmed to right and bottom neat line and mounted on...
- Contributor: Carey, Mathew
- Date: 1814
MapConnecticut; county subdivisions, towns and places. 1970. Scale ca. 1:500,000. Includes "County location index." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. AACR2
- Contributor: United States. Bureau of the Census
- Date: 1971