Maps War telegram marking map.
About this Item
- War telegram marking map.
- Contributor Names
- Louis Prang and Company.
- Created / Published
- Boston, L. Prang & Co., c1862.
- Subject Headings
- - Middle Atlantic States--Maps
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - Scale ca. 1:490,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 465.7
- - Base map depicting eastern Virignia printed in brown ink.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1862 by L. Prang & Co."
- - "Explanations. The extraordinary large scale on which this map is drawn has been adopted to make it just what we designed it to be, namely 1st. The most distinct map ever published of the whole Virginia territory, where the decisive battles for the Union will be fought. 2nd. A marking map, that is a map to mark the change of positions of the Union forces in red pencil and the rebel forces in blue, on the receipt of every telegram from the seat of war . . ."
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 88 x 57 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3790 1862 .L6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Louis Prang And Company. War Telegram Marking Map. Boston, L. Prang & Co, 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99466788/. (Accessed January 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Louis Prang And Company. (1862) War Telegram Marking Map. Boston, L. Prang & Co. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99466788/.
MLA citation style:
Louis Prang And Company. War Telegram Marking Map. Boston, L. Prang & Co, 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99466788/>.