Audio Recording Coon Hunters; Paul Bunyan tale: The Round River Drive; Lake of Ponchartrain; Leather Breeches
Coon Hunters; Paul Bunyan tale: The Round River Drive; Lake of Ponchartrain; Leather Breeches
About this Item
- Coon Hunters; Paul Bunyan tale: The Round River Drive; Lake of Ponchartrain; Leather Breeches
- McBride, Bill (Vocalist) (Performer)
- Allen, Perry (Performer)
- Lathrop, Carl (Performer)
- Lomax, Alan, 1915-2002 (Collector)
Created / Published
- Mount Pleasant, Michigan, August 22, 1938
- - Tales -- Michigan
- - Storytelling -- Michigan
- - Field recordings
- - Songs
- - Spoken word
- - United States -- Michigan -- Mount Pleasant
- - United States -- Michigan -- Saint Louis
- Field recordings
- Spoken word
- - B02-Other motifs include: potatoes; hitched the oxen team to salt and pepper shakers and had them drive up and down table; B03-Laws H9
- - AFS 02264: B01-Coon Hunters by Bill McBride in Mount Pleasant, MI; B02-Paul Bunyan tale: The Round River Drive; B03-Lake of Ponchartrain by Perry Allen; B04-Leather Breeches by Carl Lathrop on the fiddle in Saint Louis, MI
- sound disc, analog, 12 in.
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1939/007: AFS 02264 B
- Alan Lomax Collection of Michigan and Wisconsin Recordings (AFC 1939/007)
- American Folklife Center
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Alan Lomax collection of Michigan and Wisconsin recordings (AFC 1939/007), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mcbride, Bill, Perry Allen, Carl Lathrop, and Alan Lomax. Coon Hunters; Paul Bunyan tale: The Round River Drive; Lake of Ponchartrain; Leather Breeches. Mount Pleasant, Michigan, 1938. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1939007_afs02264b/.
APA citation style:
McBride, B., Allen, P., Lathrop, C. & Lomax, A. (1938) Coon Hunters; Paul Bunyan tale: The Round River Drive; Lake of Ponchartrain; Leather Breeches. Mount Pleasant, Michigan. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1939007_afs02264b/.
MLA citation style:
Mcbride, Bill, et al. Coon Hunters; Paul Bunyan tale: The Round River Drive; Lake of Ponchartrain; Leather Breeches. Mount Pleasant, Michigan, 1938. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc1939007_afs02264b/>.