Audio Recording Recording of perfomances by the Continentals at the Club Continental on North Lincoln Ave., Chicago, Illinois, part 1
About this Item
- Recording of perfomances by the Continentals at the Club Continental on North Lincoln Ave., Chicago, Illinois, part 1
- Contributor Names
- March, Richard, 1946- (Collector)
- Created / Published
- Berwyn, Illinois, June 10, 1977
- Subject Headings
- - Slavic Americans
- - Songs
- - Music
- - Illinois -- Berwyn
- - The Continentals
- - Part 1 of a 3-part recording of performances by "The Continentals" at the band-owned Club Continental on North Lincoln Ave. (probably 5515 North Lincoln); the fieldworker’s notes identify Mitke Kotlarovski as the organist, Blaze Kotlarovski as the guitarist, and other band members by first names, Mince, Koco, and Mike, four of the five immigrated from Resen, Macedonia; the other instruments include drums, accordion, trumpet, bass, and vocals; selections include an unnamed rock song, sung in [South Slavic language]; an unnamed Instrumental in 5/4 time; "The Last Waltz"; "Words"; "Fraulein"; “Johnny and Lydia"; unnamed song in [South Slavic language]; "For Helen," [South Slavic language] lyrics; "Shake Your Boodie"; "Kiss an Angel Good Morning" with strong crowd reaction.
- audiotape reel, 7 in.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Call number: AFC 1981/004: AFS 20708
- MBRS Shelflist: RXA 1057
- Field Project Identifier: CH77-T185-R
- Source Collection
- Chicago Ethnic Arts Project collection (AFC 1981/004)
- American Folklife Center
- Online Format
The Library of Congress believes that some of the materials in this collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions, and are therefore free to use or reuse. For example, the fieldwork in this collection is in the public domain in the United States.
However, the Library has obtained permission for the use of other materials, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. For example, some of the recordings contain copyrighted music, and not all of the performers and other individuals who were recorded signed releases for public use of their work.
In addition, the American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit line: Chicago Ethnic Arts Project collection (AFC 1981/004), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
March, Richard. Recording of perfomances by the Continentals at the Club Continental on North Lincoln Ave., Chicago, Illinois, part 1. Berwyn, Illinois, 1977. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1981004_afs20708/.
APA citation style:
March, R. (1977) Recording of perfomances by the Continentals at the Club Continental on North Lincoln Ave., Chicago, Illinois, part 1. Berwyn, Illinois. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1981004_afs20708/.
MLA citation style:
March, Richard. Recording of perfomances by the Continentals at the Club Continental on North Lincoln Ave., Chicago, Illinois, part 1. Berwyn, Illinois, 1977. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc1981004_afs20708/>.