Photo, Print, Drawing Loyal Order of Moose Parade, Missoula, Montana; Saint Ignatius Mission, St, Ignatius, Montana
About this Item
- Loyal Order of Moose Parade, Missoula, Montana; Saint Ignatius Mission, St, Ignatius, Montana
- Contributor Names
- Fleischhauer, Carl (Collector)
- Stanton, Gary Ward, 1946- (Collector)
- Stanton, Gary Ward, 1946- (Photographer)
- Created / Published
- Saint Ignatius, Montana, July 14, 1979
- Subject Headings
- - United States -- Montana -- Saint Ignatius
- - Photographs
- - Ethnography
- - Index data: Image numbers, descriptions: at the Loyal Order of Moose Parade, Missoula MT, scenes at or near the intersection of S. Ryman St. and W. Front St.: 1-4, members of the Montana Fiddlers Association on flatbed trailer pulled by a pickup truck; 5, person in a gorilla costume in the back of Jeepster convertible; 6-8, "Queen of Sponsors and her Court" on a flatbed trailer in the parade; at the Saint Ignatius Mission, St, Ignatius MT: 9-12, interior of St Ignatius Mission, with walls and ceilings painted by Brother Joseph Carignano; 13-15, exterior of St Ignatius Mission; 16-17, small wooden building with sign, "This log cabin, built in 1854, was the first home of the missionaries."
- 35 mm color slide
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Call number: AFC 1981/005: MT9-GS3
- Source Collection
- Montana Folklife Survey collection (AFC 1981/005)
- American Folklife Center
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library of Congress believes that some of the materials in this collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions, and are therefore free to use or reuse. For example, the fieldwork in this collection is in the public domain in the United States.
However, the Library has obtained permission for the use of other materials, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. For example, some of the recordings contain copyrighted music, and not all of the performers and other individuals who were recorded signed releases for public use of their work.
In addition, the American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit line: Montana Folklife Survey collection (AFC 1981/005), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fleischhauer, Carl, Gary Ward Stanton, and Gary Ward Stanton. Loyal Order of Moose Parade, Missoula, Montana; Saint Ignatius Mission, St, Ignatius, Montana. Montana Saint Ignatius United States, 1979. Saint Ignatius, Montana. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1981005_gs03/.
APA citation style:
Fleischhauer, C., Stanton, G. W. & Stanton, G. W. (1979) Loyal Order of Moose Parade, Missoula, Montana; Saint Ignatius Mission, St, Ignatius, Montana. Montana Saint Ignatius United States, 1979. Saint Ignatius, Montana. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1981005_gs03/.
MLA citation style:
Fleischhauer, Carl, Gary Ward Stanton, and Gary Ward Stanton. Loyal Order of Moose Parade, Missoula, Montana; Saint Ignatius Mission, St, Ignatius, Montana. Saint Ignatius, Montana. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc1981005_gs03/>.