Audio Recording Interview with Deacon Wright and Mrs. Teals
Interview with Deacon Wright and Mrs. Teals, side A
About this Item
- Interview with Deacon Wright and Mrs. Teals
- Robinson, Beverly J. (Collector)
- Wright, Deacon (Interviewee)
- Teals, Mrs. (Interviewee)
Created / Published
- Georgia, August 9, 1977
- - Folklore--Georgia
- - Field recordings
- - Interviews
- - Sound recording
- - United States -- Georgia
- Field recordings
- Sound recording
- - Part 2 of a 2-part interview of Deacon Wright, joined in conversation by Mrs. Fannie Lee Teals, Tifton GA, recorded at Mrs. Teals home, Tifton GA, prior to a singing event in the home the same day; Deacon Wright tells a story from the Bible; Deacon Wright talks about the history of Black equality in the county; fieldworker Beverly Robinson asks about Civil Rights marches in the area in the past, Deacon Wright tells about a march and how he got in trouble because he was involved and the group did not have a permit, commenting on mistakes he and his friends made in those year; Deacon Wright talks about his knowledge of Beverly Robinson's arrival, tells his philosophy to Beverly Robinson, who responds with comments about how helpful Deacon Wright has been throughout her stay; Fannie Lee Teals talks about the region; Beverly Robinson and Mrs. Teals sort out activities for near-term fieldwork.
- audiotape reel, 7 in.
Call Number/Physical Location
- Call number: AFC 1982/010: AFS 21076
- MBRS shelflist: RXA 1652
- Field project identifier: GA7-BR-R14
- South-Central Georgia Folklife Project collection (AFC 1982/010)
- American Folklife Center
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that some of the materials in this collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions, and are therefore free to use or reuse. For example, the fieldwork in this collection is in the public domain in the United States.
However, the Library has obtained permission for the use of other materials, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. For example, some of the recordings contain copyrighted music, and not all of the performers and other individuals who were recorded signed releases for public use of their work.
In addition, the American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit line: South-Central Georgia Folklife Project collection (AFC 1982/010), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Robinson, Beverly J, Deacon Wright, and Mrs Teals. Interview with Deacon Wright and Mrs. Teals. Georgia, August 9, 1977. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1982010_afs21076/.
APA citation style:
Robinson, B. J., Wright, D. & Teals, M. (1977) Interview with Deacon Wright and Mrs. Teals. Georgia, August 9. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1982010_afs21076/.
MLA citation style:
Robinson, Beverly J, Deacon Wright, and Mrs Teals. Interview with Deacon Wright and Mrs. Teals. Georgia, August 9, 1977. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc1982010_afs21076/>.