Photo, Print, Drawing The bench at Trujillo's store, scenes in town, interview with Margarito and Trinidad Garcia, Mosquero, New Mexico
About this Item
- The bench at Trujillo's store, scenes in town, interview with Margarito and Trinidad Garcia, Mosquero, New Mexico
- Kalb, Laurie Beth (Research team member)
- Fleischhauer, Carl (Photographer)
Created / Published
- Mosquero, New Mexico, August 30, 1985
- - Folklore--New Mexico
- - Photographs
- - Ethnography
- - United States -- New Mexico -- Mosquero
- - Index data: Image numbers and descriptions: at the bench in front of Tito and Andy Trujillo's store in Mosquero NM: 1-2, the bench and its "Bank Board of Directors," Benny (Benito) Pacheco, Tony Trujillo, Tito Trujillo, Joe Solomon, Andy Trujillo (doorway), and Albert Trujillo's dog Spot; 6, Benny Pacheco leads a horse from one location to another with a pickup truck; at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Margarito and Trinidad Garcia, Mosquero NM: 7-8, fieldworker Laurie Kalb (foreground, using Nagra E recorder) interviews Margarito and Trinidad Garcia; 12-15, Garcia living room; 16-17, exterior of Garcia home; said to have been built ca. 1925 by a man named Raymond (sounded like) Gross-ant.
- 35 mm color slide
Call Number/Physical Location
- Call number: AFC 1991/032: CF-14
- New Mexico Folklife Project collection (AFC 1991/032)
- American Folklife Center
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that some of the materials in this collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions, and are therefore free to use or reuse. For example, the fieldwork in this collection is in the public domain in the United States.
However, the Library has obtained permission for the use of other materials, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. For example, some of the recordings contain copyrighted music, and not all of the performers and other individuals who were recorded signed releases for public use of their work.
In addition, the American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit line: New Mexico Folklife Project collection (AFC 1991/032), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kalb, Laurie Beth, and Carl Fleischhauer. The bench at Trujillo's store, scenes in town, interview with Margarito and Trinidad Garcia, Mosquero, New Mexico. United States Mosquero New Mexico, 1985. Mosquero, New Mexico. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1991032_cf_14/.
APA citation style:
Kalb, L. B. & Fleischhauer, C. (1985) The bench at Trujillo's store, scenes in town, interview with Margarito and Trinidad Garcia, Mosquero, New Mexico. United States Mosquero New Mexico, 1985. Mosquero, New Mexico. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1991032_cf_14/.
MLA citation style:
Kalb, Laurie Beth, and Carl Fleischhauer. The bench at Trujillo's store, scenes in town, interview with Margarito and Trinidad Garcia, Mosquero, New Mexico. Mosquero, New Mexico. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc1991032_cf_14/>.