Photo, Print, Drawing Graduation, First Korean School, Silver Spring, Maryland
About this Item
- Graduation, First Korean School, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Long, Lucy M., 1956- (Photographer)
Created / Published
- Silver Spring, Maryland, June 19, 1982
- - Korean Americans
- - Ethnography
- - Photographs
- - Documentary photographs
- - United States -- Maryland -- Silver Spring
- Documentary photographs
- - Index data: 2, Mr. Song, Education attache from Korean Embassy; 3, High school girl; 4-5, Children in the audience; 6, Parents and teachers talking to boy graduate; 7, Parents shaking hands with principal; 8, Girl graduate; 9-17, Mr. Park Hee Kyu hands out report cards and certificates to his sixth grade class; 18-19, Two sixth grade girls display their certificates of attendence; 20-21, Families and teachers chat during the reception; 22, Miss Yun with the two daughters of Mr. Noh
- 35 mm black-and-white film negatives
Call Number/Physical Location
- Call number: AFC 1993/001: 193992-1
- Ethnic Heritage and Language Schools in America Project collection (AFC 1993/001)
- American Folklife Center
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that some of the materials in this collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions, and are therefore free to use or reuse. For example, the fieldwork in this collection is in the public domain in the United States.
However, the Library has obtained permission for the use of other materials, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. For example, some of the recordings contain copyrighted music, and not all of the performers and other individuals who were recorded signed releases for public use of their work.
In addition, the American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit line: Ethnic Heritage and Language Schools in America Project collection (AFC 1993/001), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Long, Lucy M. Graduation, First Korean School, Silver Spring, Maryland. United States Maryland Silver Spring, 1982. Silver Spring, Maryland. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1993001_193992_01/.
APA citation style:
Long, L. M. (1982) Graduation, First Korean School, Silver Spring, Maryland. United States Maryland Silver Spring, 1982. Silver Spring, Maryland. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc1993001_193992_01/.
MLA citation style:
Long, Lucy M. Graduation, First Korean School, Silver Spring, Maryland. Silver Spring, Maryland. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc1993001_193992_01/>.