Audio Recording Interview with Susan Schulken, Takoma Park, Maryland, September 26, 2001
About this Item
- Interview with Susan Schulken, Takoma Park, Maryland, September 26, 2001
- Contributor Names
- Bulger, Peggy A. (Interviewer)
- Schulken, Susan (Interviewee)
- Created / Published
- September 26, 2001
- Subject Headings
- - September 11 Terrorist Attacks, 2001
- - Interviews
- - Personal narratives
- - Maryland -- Montgomery County -- Takoma Park
- Personal narratives
- - Sound Recording, Non-Music.
- - Interviewee occupation: Department of Justice Consultant.
- - Summary: Susan Schulken arrived at her office, five blocks from the White House, and heard about the attacks from a co-worker. She heard rumors but was not exactly sure what was happening. She walked away from her office and could see smoke from the Pentagon. Ms. Schulken also talks about how things have changed since 9-11 and her fear about the future.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 2001/015: sr083a
- Source Collection
- September 11, 2001 Documentary Project Collection (AFC 2001/015)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
September 11, 2001 Documentary Project collection (AFC 2001/015), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bulger, Peggy A, and Susan Schulken. Interview with Susan Schulken, Takoma Park, Maryland. 2001. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000035/.
APA citation style:
Bulger, P. A. & Schulken, S. (2001) Interview with Susan Schulken, Takoma Park, Maryland. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000035/.
MLA citation style:
Bulger, Peggy A, and Susan Schulken. Interview with Susan Schulken, Takoma Park, Maryland. 2001. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc911000035/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingInterview with Jeffrey C. Williams, Takoma Park, Maryland, September 24, 2001
- Contributor: Bulger, Peggy A. - Williams, Jeffrey C.
- Date: 2001-09-24
Audio RecordingInterview with Anita Chawla, Takoma Park, Maryland, September 24, 2001
- Contributor: Bulger, Peggy A. - Chawla, Anita
- Date: 2001-09-24
Audio RecordingInterview with Barbara Braden, Takoma Park, Maryland, September 25, 2001
- Contributor: Bulger, Peggy A. - Braden, Barbara
- Date: 2001-09-25
Audio RecordingInterview with George F. Gamble, Silver Spring, Maryland, December 3, 2001
- Contributor: Brennan, Jennifer - Gamble, George F.
- Date: 2001-12-03
Audio RecordingInterview with Douglas Strachan, Baltimore, Maryland, September 18, 2001
- Contributor: Strachan, Douglas - Turner, Rory
- Date: 2001-09-18