Audio Recording Interview with Mark L. Provo, Scott AFB, Illinois, November 27, 2001 (part 2 of 2)
Interview with Mark L. Provo, Scott AFB, Illinois, November 27, 2001 (part 2 of 2)
About this Item
- Interview with Mark L. Provo, Scott AFB, Illinois, November 27, 2001 (part 2 of 2)
- Gasper, Donald D. (Interviewer)
- Provo, Mark L. (Interviewee)
Created / Published
- November 27, 2001
- - September 11 Terrorist Attacks, 2001
- - United States. Secret Service
- - Interviews
- - Personal narratives
- - Illinois -- St. Clair County -- Scott AFB
- Personal narratives
- - Sound Recording, Non-Music.
- - Interviewee occupation: Staff Sergeant, U.S. Air Force.
- - Mark Provo was providing support to the Secret Service for the U.N. General Assembly when the September 11 attacks occurred. He likens the initial impact to thunder and gives a detailed account of events. He evacuated his WTC office with an orderly crowd that walked down to the glass lobby. Outside, flaming debris swirled like a snow storm. He recalls his anger as he moved away from the scene and his belief that America will not punish innocent people for the acts of criminals.
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 2001/015: sr099b
- September 11, 2001 Documentary Project Collection (AFC 2001/015)
- American Folklife Center
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
September 11, 2001 Documentary Project collection (AFC 2001/015), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gasper, Donald D, and Mark L Provo. Interview with Mark L. Provo, Scott AFB, Illinois,part 2 of 2. 2001. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000048/.
APA citation style:
Gasper, D. D. & Provo, M. L. (2001) Interview with Mark L. Provo, Scott AFB, Illinois,part 2 of 2. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000048/.
MLA citation style:
Gasper, Donald D, and Mark L Provo. Interview with Mark L. Provo, Scott AFB, Illinois,part 2 of 2. 2001. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc911000048/>.