Audio Recording Interview with Dustin Young, East Sullivan, Maine, September 19, 2001
Interview with Dustin Young, East Sullivan, Maine, September 19, 2001
About this Item
- Interview with Dustin Young, East Sullivan, Maine, September 19, 2001
- Boyd, Jessica (Interviewer)
- Young, Dustin (Interviewee)
Created / Published
- September 19, 2001
- - Bin Laden, Osama, 1957-2011
- - September 11 Terrorist Attacks, 2001
- - Interviews
- - Personal narratives
- - Maine -- Hancock County -- East Sullivan
- Personal narratives
- - Sound Recording, Non-Music.
- - Interviewee occupation: Student.
- - Summary: At first, Dustin Young thought the attacks were an accident. He believes that the events will bring out more nationalism and respect for the flag and will make the United States a closer society. Mr. Young also talks about his pride in America, retaliation, praying for the victims and supporting the firefighters.
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 2001/015: sr202a
- September 11, 2001 Documentary Project Collection (AFC 2001/015)
- American Folklife Center
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
September 11, 2001 Documentary Project collection (AFC 2001/015), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Boyd, Jessica, and Dustin Young. Interview with Dustin Young, East Sullivan, Maine. 2001. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000076/.
APA citation style:
Boyd, J. & Young, D. (2001) Interview with Dustin Young, East Sullivan, Maine. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000076/.
MLA citation style:
Boyd, Jessica, and Dustin Young. Interview with Dustin Young, East Sullivan, Maine. 2001. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc911000076/>.