Audio Recording Interview with Claude J. Burtenshaw, Logan, Utah, December 4, 2001
Interview with Claude J. Burtenshaw, Logan, Utah, December 4, 2001
About this Item
- Interview with Claude J. Burtenshaw, Logan, Utah, December 4, 2001
- Contributor Names
- Bott, Beverly (Interviewer)
- Burtenshaw, Claude J. (Interviewee)
- Created / Published
- December 4, 2001
- Subject Headings
- - September 11 Terrorist Attacks, 2001
- - Qaida (Organization)
- - Empire State Building (New York, N.Y.)
- - Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
- - Interviews
- - Personal narratives
- - Utah -- Cache County -- Logan
- Personal narratives
- - Sound Recording, Non-Music.
- - Interviewee occupation: World War II Veteran.
- - Summary: Claude J. Burtenshaw watched the morning news coverage of the September 11 attacks at home. He immediately thought of the Empire State Building crash. When the second tower was hit he knew it was no accident. He watched the towers collapse and noted that the newscasters compared 9-11 to Pearl Harbor. Mr. Burtenshaw discusses President Bush and his declaration of war, Pearl Harbor, Roosevelt, Hitler, Afghanistan, Al Qaeda, revenge, patriotism, the War on Terror and its consequences, Osama Bin Laden, and the Cold War.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 2001/015: sr328a
- Source Collection
- September 11, 2001 Documentary Project Collection (AFC 2001/015)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
September 11, 2001 Documentary Project collection (AFC 2001/015), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bott, Beverly, and Claude J Burtenshaw. Interview with Claude J. Burtenshaw, Logan, Utah, December 4. December 4, 2001. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000146/.
APA citation style:
Bott, B. & Burtenshaw, C. J. (2001) Interview with Claude J. Burtenshaw, Logan, Utah, December 4. December 4. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000146/.
MLA citation style:
Bott, Beverly, and Claude J Burtenshaw. Interview with Claude J. Burtenshaw, Logan, Utah, December 4. December 4, 2001. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc911000146/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingInterview with Reed Wagstaff, Logan, Utah, November 29, 2001
- Contributor: Wagstaff, Reed - Brennan, Jennifer
- Date: 2001-11-29
Audio RecordingInterview with Julie Dethrow, Logan, Utah, December 2, 2001
- Contributor: Dethrow, Julie
- Date: 2001-12-02
Audio RecordingInterview with Jim Matheson, Logan, Utah, November 19, 2001
- Contributor: Koger, Robert - Matheson, Jim
- Date: 2001-11-19
Audio RecordingInterview with Paul Skeen, Logan, Utah, November 21, 2001
- Contributor: Dethrow, Julie - Skeen, Paul
- Date: 2001-11-21
Audio RecordingInterview with Douglas Thompson, Logan, Utah, November 14, 2001
- Contributor: Koger, Robert - Thompson, Douglas
- Date: 2001-11-14