Audio Recording Interview with Roosevelt Roberts Jr., Waldorf, Maryland, November 30, 2001
About this Item
- Interview with Roosevelt Roberts Jr., Waldorf, Maryland, November 30, 2001
- Contributor Names
- Brennan, Jennifer (Interviewer)
- Roberts Jr., Roosevelt (Interviewee)
- Created / Published
- November 30, 2001
- Subject Headings
- - September 11 Terrorist Attacks, 2001
- - Rescue work--Pentagon (Va.)--2000-2010
- - Post-traumatic stress disorder
- - Interviews
- - Personal narratives
- - Maryland -- Charles County -- Waldorf
- Personal narratives
- - Sound Recording, Non-Music.
- - Poor audio quality.
- - Interviewee occupation: Pentagon Police Officer.
- - Summary: Roosevelt Roberts was listening to news reports of the World Trade Center attacks when the Pentagon was hit. He talks about watching the plane before impact, his immediate reaction, the removal of people from the scene, the injuries and physical condition of survivors, misinformation, rescue workers, and other aspects of the attack.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 2001/015: sr348a
- Source Collection
- September 11, 2001 Documentary Project Collection (AFC 2001/015)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
September 11, 2001 Documentary Project collection (AFC 2001/015), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Brennan, Jennifer, and Roosevelt Roberts Jr. Interview with Roosevelt Roberts Jr., Waldorf, Maryland, November 30, 2001. 2001. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000155/. (Accessed June 28, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Brennan, J. & Roberts Jr, R. (2001) Interview with Roosevelt Roberts Jr., Waldorf, Maryland, November 30, 2001. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000155/.
MLA citation style:
Brennan, Jennifer, and Roosevelt Roberts Jr. Interview with Roosevelt Roberts Jr., Waldorf, Maryland, November 30, 2001. 2001. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000155/>.