Audio Recording Interview with Daniel Hiller, Baraboo, Wisconsin, September 15, 2001
Interview with Daniel Hiller, Baraboo, Wisconsin, September 15, 2001
About this Item
- Interview with Daniel Hiller, Baraboo, Wisconsin, September 15, 2001
- McAllister, Angela (Interviewer)
- Hiller, Daniel (Interviewee)
Created / Published
- September 15, 2001
- - September 11 Terrorist Attacks, 2001
- - Interviews
- - Personal narratives
- - Wisconsin -- Sauk County -- Baraboo
- Personal narratives
- - Sound Recording, Non-Music.
- - Interviewee occupation: Small Business Owner.
- - Summary: Daniel Hiller, a former sheriff, watched televised coverage of the September 11 attacks at his home. He describes the economic impact the attacks have had on his limousine business. He also discusses the Vietnam War protests, ways to fight terrorism and improve air traffic safety, restrictions on constitutional freedoms, and immigration.
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 2001/015: sr381a
- September 11, 2001 Documentary Project Collection (AFC 2001/015)
- American Folklife Center
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
September 11, 2001 Documentary Project collection (AFC 2001/015), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mcallister, Angela, and Daniel Hiller. Interview with Daniel Hiller, Baraboo, Wisconsin. 2001. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000174/.
APA citation style:
McAllister, A. & Hiller, D. (2001) Interview with Daniel Hiller, Baraboo, Wisconsin. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000174/.
MLA citation style:
Mcallister, Angela, and Daniel Hiller. Interview with Daniel Hiller, Baraboo, Wisconsin. 2001. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc911000174/>.