Film, Video Interview with Allen Hamby, Naples, Italy, November 19, 2001 (part 1 of 2)
About this Item
- Interview with Allen Hamby, Naples, Italy, November 19, 2001 (part 1 of 2)
- George, Scott Edward (Interviewer)
- Hamby, Allen (Interviewee)
Created / Published
- November 19, 2001
- - Bin Laden, Osama, 1957-2011
- - September 11 Terrorist Attacks, 2001
- - Children of military personnel
- - Interviews
- - Personal narratives
- - Italy -- Naples
- Personal narratives
- - Interviewee occupation: Student.
- - Video Recording, Non-Music.
- - Summary: Allen Hamby was at cross-country practice when he learned of the attacks. He didn't believe that they happened until he heard an announcement from the school principal. At first he wanted retribution, now he wants justice. He supports the war in Afghanistan although there is still no concrete evidence linking Osama Bin Laden to this crime. He finds it scary that important details behind such a huge event are unknown. He talks about his parents helping him put the tragedy into perspective.
- VHS video
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 2001/015: mv49s1
- September 11, 2001 Documentary Project Collection (AFC 2001/015)
- American Folklife Center
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
September 11, 2001 Documentary Project collection (AFC 2001/015), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
George, Scott Edward, and Allen Hamby. Interview with Allen Hamby, Naples, Italy,part 1 of 2. 2001. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000268/.
APA citation style:
George, S. E. & Hamby, A. (2001) Interview with Allen Hamby, Naples, Italy,part 1 of 2. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afc911000268/.
MLA citation style:
George, Scott Edward, and Allen Hamby. Interview with Allen Hamby, Naples, Italy,part 1 of 2. 2001. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afc911000268/>.