Audio Recording Oral history with 78 year old male, Lewiston, Idaho
About this Item
- Oral history with 78 year old male, Lewiston, Idaho
- Contributor Names
- Siporin, Steve (Collector)
- Stowell, William (Speaker)
- Schrager, Sam (Interviewer)
- Created / Published
- Summer 1981
- Subject Headings
- - English language--Dialects--New York
- - Men--Idaho--Lewiston--Language
- - Logging--job descriptions
- - Log transportation--Idaho
- - Loggers--Idaho
- - Logging--Idaho
- - Logging--Equipment and supplies
- - Logging--Accidents
- - Boats and boating--Idaho
- - Anecdotes--Idaho
- - Interviews
- - Oral histories
- - United States -- Idaho -- Lewiston
- Oral histories
- - For rights information contact the collector’s institution: Idaho Commission on the Arts. Boise, ID
- - 78 year old male. "Michigan Bill" born in 1903 in Quebec (St. Anisette); grew up in North Lawrence, NY. Arrived in Idaho in 1925.
- - Oral history; occupational narrative about logging.
- - The last minute of audio is not transcribed (up to 18:37).
- Audio tape; 10.5” reel, 7.5 ips; duration: 20:29
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1986/022: AFS 24,325 a04
- Source Collection
- Center for Applied Linguistics Collection (AFC 1986/022)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Boats and Boating
Equipment and Supplies
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
If you have any more information about an item in the CAL collection, or if you are the copyright owner and believe our website has not properly attributed the item or has used it without permission, we want to hear from you. Please contact the staff of the American Folklife Center.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Center for Applied Linguistics collection (AFC 1986/022), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Siporin, Steve, William Stowell, and Sam Schrager. Oral history with 78 year old male, Lewiston, Idaho. Summer, 1981. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccal000169/. (Accessed June 23, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Siporin, S., Stowell, W. & Schrager, S. (1981) Oral history with 78 year old male, Lewiston, Idaho. Summer. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccal000169/.
MLA citation style:
Siporin, Steve, William Stowell, and Sam Schrager. Oral history with 78 year old male, Lewiston, Idaho. Summer, 1981. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccal000169/>.