Audio Recording Conversation with 77 year old white male, Pettigrew, Arkansas
Conversation with 77 year old white male, Pettigrew, Arkansas
About this Item
- Conversation with 77 year old white male, Pettigrew, Arkansas
- Unidentified (Speaker)
- Christian, Donna (Collector)
- Wolfram, Walt, 1941- (Collector)
Created / Published
- - English language--Dialects--Arkansas
- - Ozark Mountains Region--Social life and customs
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Men, White--Arkansas--Pettigrew--Language
- - Agriculture--Arkansas
- - Influenza Epidemic, 1918-1919--Arkansas
- - Threshing
- - Interviews
- - Narratives
- - Conversation
- - Personal narratives
- - United States -- Arkansas -- Pettigrew
- Personal narratives
- - For rights information contact the collector’s institution: Center for Applied Linguistics. Washington, DC
- - 77 year old white male from Ozarks area of northwest Arkansas. Lives in Pettigrew, AK.
- - Talks about the Civil War; digging ginseng; crops; and more.
- Audio tape; 10.5” reel, 7.5 ips; duration: 27:37
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1986/022: AFS 24,335 b03
- Center for Applied Linguistics Collection (AFC 1986/022)
- American Folklife Center
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
If you have any more information about an item in the CAL collection, or if you are the copyright owner and believe our website has not properly attributed the item or has used it without permission, we want to hear from you. Please contact the staff of the American Folklife Center.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Center for Applied Linguistics collection (AFC 1986/022), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Unidentified, Donna Christian, and Walt Wolfram. Conversation with 77 year old white male, Pettigrew, Arkansas. 1983. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afccal000237/.
APA citation style:
Unidentified, Christian, D. & Wolfram, W. (1983) Conversation with 77 year old white male, Pettigrew, Arkansas. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccal000237/.
MLA citation style:
Unidentified, Donna Christian, and Walt Wolfram. Conversation with 77 year old white male, Pettigrew, Arkansas. 1983. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afccal000237/>.