Manuscript/Mixed Material Oral history with 89 year old white male, Mesa County, Colorado (Transcript)
About this Item
- Oral history with 89 year old white male, Mesa County, Colorado (Transcript)
- Straayer, Neil (Speaker)
- Page, Jean (Interviewer)
Created / Published
- July 7th and 18th 1977
- - Emigration and immigration
- - English language--Dialects--Colorado
- - Men, White--Colorado--Mesa County--Language
- - Immigrants--Colorado--Mesa County--Language
- - Dutch Americans--Colorado--Mesa County
- - Farmers--Colorado--Mesa County--Language
- - Orchards--Colorado--Mesa County
- - Apples--Diseases and pests--Colorado--Mesa County
- - Arsenates--Colorado--Mesa County
- - Peach growers--Colorado--Mesa County--Language
- - Older men--Colorado--Mesa County--Language
- - Mesa County (Colo.)--Social life and customs
- - Interviews
- - Narratives
- - Oral histories
- - Personal narratives
- - Transcripts
- - United States -- Colorado -- Mesa
- Oral histories
- Personal narratives
- - For rights information contact the collector’s institution: Mesa County Public Library. Grand Junction, CO and Museum of Western Colorado. Grand Junction, CO
- - 89 year old white male. Born in Burgh, Holland 2/4/1888. Came to Mesa county in 1911.
- - Biography of narrator who was a fruit grower.
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1986/022: AFS 24,307, folder 17
- Center for Applied Linguistics Collection (AFC 1986/022)
- American Folklife Center
- online text
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Diseases and Pests
- Dutch Americans
- Emigration and Immigration
- English Language
- Men, White
- Mesa County
- Mesa County (Colo.)
- Older Men
- Oral Histories
- Peach Growers
- Personal Narratives
- Social Life and Customs
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
If you have any more information about an item in the CAL collection, or if you are the copyright owner and believe our website has not properly attributed the item or has used it without permission, we want to hear from you. Please contact the staff of the American Folklife Center.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Center for Applied Linguistics collection (AFC 1986/022), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Straayer, Neil, and Jean Page. Oral history with 89 year old white male, Mesa County, Colorado Transcript. July 7th and 18th, 1977. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/afccal000456/.
APA citation style:
Straayer, N. & Page, J. (1977) Oral history with 89 year old white male, Mesa County, Colorado Transcript. July 7th and 18th. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccal000456/.
MLA citation style:
Straayer, Neil, and Jean Page. Oral history with 89 year old white male, Mesa County, Colorado Transcript. July 7th and 18th, 1977. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afccal000456/>.