Manuscript/Mixed Material Oral history with 17 year old white female, Jackson, Kentucky (Transcript)
About this Item
- Oral history with 17 year old white female, Jackson, Kentucky (Transcript)
- Unidentified (Speaker)
- Blanton, Linda Lonon, 1942- (Collector)
Created / Published
- - Appalachian Region--Social life and customs
- - Family--History
- - English language--Dialects--Kentucky
- - High school dropouts--Kentucky--Breathitt County
- - Women, White--Kentucky--Breathitt County--Language
- - Teenagers--Attitudes
- - Teenagers--Kentucky--Breathitt County--Language
- - Part-time library employees--Kentucky--Breathitt County--Language
- - Wages--Kentucky--Breathitt County
- - Coal miners--Kentucky--Breathitt County
- - Church attendance--Kentucky--Breathitt County
- - Teenagers--Employment--Kentucky--Breathitt County
- - Interviews
- - Narratives
- - Personal narratives
- - Transcripts
- - United States -- Kentucky -- Breathitt -- Jackson
- Personal narratives
- - For rights information contact the collector’s institution: University of New Orleans. New Orleans, LA
- - 17 year old (Appalachian) white female. Lives in Jackson, KY. Dropped out of Breathitt High School when she was a sophomore; works in the elementary school as a library helper. Parents have a grade school education.
- - Interview in the library where she works on the topic of growing up in Breathitt County.
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1986/022: AFS 24,318, folder 28
- Center for Applied Linguistics Collection (AFC 1986/022)
- American Folklife Center
- online text
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Appalachian Region
- Breathitt County
- Church Attendance
- Coal Miners
- English Language
- High School Dropouts
- Part-Time Library Employees
- Personal Narratives
- Social Life and Customs
- Women, White
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
If you have any more information about an item in the CAL collection, or if you are the copyright owner and believe our website has not properly attributed the item or has used it without permission, we want to hear from you. Please contact the staff of the American Folklife Center.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Center for Applied Linguistics collection (AFC 1986/022), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Unidentified, and Linda Lonon Blanton. Oral history with 17 year old white female, Jackson, Kentucky Transcript. 1972. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/afccal000503/.
APA citation style:
Unidentified & Blanton, L. L. (1972) Oral history with 17 year old white female, Jackson, Kentucky Transcript. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccal000503/.
MLA citation style:
Unidentified, and Linda Lonon Blanton. Oral history with 17 year old white female, Jackson, Kentucky Transcript. 1972. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afccal000503/>.