Audio Recordings Little brown jug
About this Item
- Little brown jug
- Other Title
- My wife and I live all alone
- Ha, ha, ha, you and me
- Contributor Names
- McCready, John (performer)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Eastburn -- 1837-1918 (composer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Minstrel shows -- Songs and music
- - Humorous songs
- - Minstrel show song.
- - Song is verson of "Little brown jug," composed by Eastman.
- - Incomplete recording of song on AFS 3348 A2, continued on AFS 3348 A3.
- - John McCready, unaccompanied vocals. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell at the Arizona Bar in Groveland, California on August 2, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting John McCready performing Anglo-American songs on July 31, August 2, and August 5, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Groveland, Tuolumne County, California.
- - 39E A2 & A3 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 2 bands of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,238)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,068)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,717)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (22,526)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,016)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (111,778)
- American Memory (561,032)
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
McCready, John, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Eastburn, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Little Brown Jug. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3348a2. (Accessed February 13, 2016.)
APA citation style:
McCready, J., Cowell, S. R., Eastburn & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1939) Little Brown Jug. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3348a2.
MLA citation style:
McCready, John, et al. Little Brown Jug. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3348a2>.