Audio Recordings Dogs
About this Item
- Contributor Names
- Byron Coffin, Sr. and Mrs. Byron Coffin, Sr (performers)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Coffin -- Mrs. Byron, Sr (performer)
- Coffin, Byron -- Sr (performer)
- Coffin, Byron -- Jr (performer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Humorous songs
- - Bawdy songs
- - Songs, English -- California -- San Francisco
- - Contains mild sexual innuendo.
- - Begins on AFS 3821 A3 and is continued on AFS 3821 B3.
- - An old Barbary Coast song.
- - Introduction by Sidney Robertson Cowell mentions Byron Coffin, Jr., the son of the performers, who was on the WPA California Folk Music Project staff.
- - Byron Coffin, Sr., vocals; Mrs. Byron Coffin, Sr., piano; and Sidney Robertson Cowell, narration. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Alameda, California on April 6, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Byron Coffin, Sr., Mrs. Byron Coffin, Sr., and Byron Coffin, Jr. performing Barbary Coast tunes, American popular songs, and ragtime music on April 6, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Alameda, California.
- - 28E A3 & B3 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 2 bands of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,140)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (23,641)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,046)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (112,418)
- American Memory (563,447)
ContributorsArchive of Folk Culture (library of Congress)
Byron Coffin, Sr. And Mrs. Byron Coffin, Sr
Coffin (mrs. Byron, Sr)
Coffin, Byron (jr)
Coffin, Byron (sr)
Cowell, Sidney Robertson
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Byron Coffin, Sr. And Mrs. Byron Coffin, Sr, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Coffin, Byron Coffin, Byron Coffin, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Dogs. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3821a3/. (Accessed July 23, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Byron Coffin, S. A. M. B. C., Cowell, S. R., Coffin, Coffin, B., Coffin, B. & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1939) Dogs. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3821a3/.
MLA citation style:
Byron Coffin, Sr. And Mrs. Byron Coffin, Sr, et al. Dogs. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3821a3/>.