Audio Recordings Alabado
About this Item
- Contributor Names
- Choristers of St. Anthony's Seminary (performers)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Hobrecht -- Father Bernard (conductor)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Santa Ines Mission (Solvang, Calif.)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Spanish Americans -- California -- Santa Barbara -- Music
- - Missions -- California -- Santa Barbara -- Music
- - Hymns, Spanish -- California -- Santa Barbara
- - Dust jacket notes: A song of praise.
- - Inscribed on dust jacket by Sidney Robertson Cowell: "An old traditional melody . . . also found in Mission Santa Barbara records."
- - Yellow song check-list notes: "As sung by Fernandito, an old Mission Indian Santa Ynes [Ines], several years ago. He learned it from his grandmother, who had been taught to sing it 75 or 80 years before at the Mission singing school."
- - Choristers of St. Anthony's Seminary, unaccompanied vocals; Father Bertrand Hobrecht, conducting. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Santa Barbara, California on March 7, 1938. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - In Spanish. (language)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Spanish Californian mission music performed by the Choristers of St. Anthony's Seminary, conducted by Father Bertrand Hobrecht on March 7, 1938, and collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell at the Mission Santa Barbara in Santa Barbara, California.
- - 1M A2 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 band of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,051)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (23,646)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,046)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (112,528)
- American Memory (562,451)
ContributorsArchive of Folk Culture (library of Congress)
Choristers of St. Anthony's Seminary
Cowell, Sidney Robertson
Hobrecht (father Bernard)
Santa Ines Mission (solvang, Calif.)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Choristers Of St. Anthony'S Seminary, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Hobrecht, Archive Of Folk Culture, and Santa Ines Mission. Alabado. 1938. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3826a2/. (Accessed September 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Choristers Of St. Anthony'S Seminary, Cowell, S. R., Hobrecht, Archive Of Folk Culture & Santa Ines Mission. (1938) Alabado. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3826a2/.
MLA citation style:
Choristers Of St. Anthony'S Seminary, et al. Alabado. 1938. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3826a2/>.