Audio Recordings Psalm 27:1-4 Jehovah is my light and my salvation
About this Item
- Psalm 27:1-4 Jehovah is my light and my salvation
- Contributor Names
- Russian Molokan Congregation (performer)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Russian Molokan Congregation
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Molokans -- California -- San Francisco -- Music
- - Hymns, Russian -- California -- San Francisco
- - Psalms (Music)
- - Inscribed on dust jacket by Sidney Robertson Cowell: Sung "before second prayer."
- - Inscribed on dust jacket by Sidney Robertson Cowell: "Good example of singing carried over from Russian Orthodox Church. You can hear the decline in pitch with which they always concluded the long-held last tone."
- - Russian Molokan Congregation, unaccompanied vocals. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in San Francisco, California on September 14, 1938. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - In Russian. (language)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting unaccompanied singing and preaching in the Russian language performed during services of the Russian Molokan Church, Potrero Hill, San Francisco on September 14, 1938, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in San Francisco, California.
- - 12M B1 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 side of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,041)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (23,650)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,036)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (111,968)
- American Memory (562,936)
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Russian Molokan Congregation, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Russian Molokan Congregation, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Psalm 27:1-4 Jehovah is my light and my salvation. 1938. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3837b1/. (Accessed August 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Russian Molokan Congregation, Cowell, S. R., Russian Molokan Congregation & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1938) Psalm 27:1-4 Jehovah is my light and my salvation. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3837b1/.
MLA citation style:
Russian Molokan Congregation, et al. Psalm 27:1-4 Jehovah is my light and my salvation. 1938. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3837b1/>.