Audio Recordings Alabado
About this Item
- Contributor Names
- Boys of St. Joseph's Seminary (performers)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Hobrecht -- Father Bernard (conductor)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Santa Ines Mission (Solvang, Calif.)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Spanish Americans -- California -- Santa Barbara -- Music
- - Hymns, Spanish -- California -- Santa Barbara
- - Missions -- California -- Santa Barabara -- Music
- - Dust jacket notes: A song of praise, sung in Spanish.
- - Inscribed on dust jacket by Sidney Robertson Cowell: "Retrieved from an old Indian named Fernandito, of Mission Santa Ynez [Ines]. Fernandito died about 1927."
- - Boys of St. Joseph's Seminary, unaccompanied vocals; Father Bertrand Hobrecht, conducting. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Santa Barbara, California on March 27, 1938. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - In Spanish. (language)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Spanish Californian mission music performed by the Boys of St. Joseph's Seminary, conducted by Father Bertrand Hobrecht on March 27, 1938, and collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell at the Mission Santa Barbara in Santa Barbara, California.
- - 17M B1 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 band of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,140)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (23,641)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,046)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (112,418)
- American Memory (563,450)
ContributorsArchive of Folk Culture (library of Congress)
Boys of St. Joseph's Seminary
Cowell, Sidney Robertson
Hobrecht (father Bernard)
Santa Ines Mission (solvang, Calif.)
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Boys Of St. Joseph'S Seminary, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Hobrecht, Archive Of Folk Culture, and Santa Ines Mission. Alabado. 1938. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3842b1/. (Accessed July 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Boys Of St. Joseph'S Seminary, Cowell, S. R., Hobrecht, Archive Of Folk Culture & Santa Ines Mission. (1938) Alabado. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3842b1/.
MLA citation style:
Boys Of St. Joseph'S Seminary, et al. Alabado. 1938. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3842b1/>.