Audio Recordings Anna Magdalena Waltz
About this Item
- Anna Magdalena Waltz
- Contributor Names
- Julio Gomez' Orchestra (performers)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Julio Gomez' Orchestra (performer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Mexican Americans -- California -- Carmel -- Music
- - Dance music
- - Waltzes
- - Inscribed on dust jacket by Sidney Robertson Cowell: "The orchestra was especially proud of this waltz, which was very difficult for them to learn -- Mexican waltzes go very much faster."
- - Unidentified musicians playing violin, guitar, and two mandolins. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Carmel, California on February 18, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Mexican music performed by Julio Gomez' Orchestra at the wedding of Ben and Rosa Figueroa on February 18, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Carmel, California.
- - 31M A1 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 band of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,041)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (23,650)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,036)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (111,968)
- American Memory (562,936)
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Julio Gomez' Orchestra, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Julio Gomez' Orchestra, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Anna Magdalena Waltz. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3856a1/. (Accessed August 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Julio Gomez' Orchestra, Cowell, S. R., Julio Gomez' Orchestra & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1939) Anna Magdalena Waltz. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3856a1/.
MLA citation style:
Julio Gomez' Orchestra, et al. Anna Magdalena Waltz. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3856a1/>.