Audio Recordings Tirana
About this Item
- Contributor Names
- Alberto Mendes, Manuel Lemos, and Mr. Franks (performers)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Mendes, Alberto (performer)
- Lemos, Manuel (performer)
- Franks -- Mr (performer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Songs, Portuguese -- California -- Richmond
- - Portuguese Americans -- California -- Richmond -- Music
- - Dance music
- - Inscribed on dust jacket by Sidney Robertson Cowell: "An old figure dance rare in the U.S."
- - Alberto Mendes, vocals; Manuel Lemos and Mr. Franks, viola d'arame. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Richmond, California on February 11, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - In Portuguese. (language)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Alberto Mendes, Manuel Lemos, and Mr. Franks performing Portuguese songs and music from the Azores on February 11 and March 3, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Richmond, California.
- - 35M B1 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 band of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,050)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,251)
- American Folklife Center (24,253)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,046)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (112,528)
- American Memory (562,450)
ContributorsAlberto Mendes, Manuel Lemos, and Mr. Franks
Archive of Folk Culture (library of Congress)
Cowell, Sidney Robertson
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Alberto Mendes, Manuel Lemos, And Mr. Franks, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Alberto Mendes, Manuel Lemos, Franks, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Tirana. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3860b1/. (Accessed September 30, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Alberto Mendes, M. L., Cowell, S. R., Mendes, A., Lemos, M., Franks & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1939) Tirana. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3860b1/.
MLA citation style:
Alberto Mendes, Manuel Lemos, And Mr. Franks, et al. Tirana. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3860b1/>.