Audio Recordings Fado Portugues (major)
About this Item
- Fado Portugues (major)
- Contributor Names
- Alberto Mendes and Manuel Lemos (performers)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Mendes, Alberto (performer)
- Lemos, Manuel (performer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Portuguese Americans -- California -- Richmond -- Music
- - Songs, Portuguese -- California -- Richmond
- - Fados
- - Inscribed on dust jacket by Sidney Robertson Cowell: "Especially good."
- - Dust jacket notes: Alberto Mendes and Manuel Lemos take turns singing to the accompaniment of the viola d'arame.
- - Alberto Mendes, vocals and viola d'arame; Manuel Lemos, vocals and viola d'arame. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Richmond, California on March 3, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - In Portuguese. (language)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Alberto Mendes, Manuel Lemos, and Mr. Franks performing Portuguese songs and music from the Azores on February 11 and March 3, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Richmond, California.
- - 38M B1 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 side of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,041)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (23,650)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,036)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (111,968)
- American Memory (562,936)
ContributorsAlberto Mendes and Manuel Lemos
Archive of Folk Culture (library of Congress)
Cowell, Sidney Robertson
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Alberto Mendes And Manuel Lemos, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Alberto Mendes, Manuel Lemos, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Fado Portugues major. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3863b1/. (Accessed August 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Alberto Mendes And Manuel Lemos, Cowell, S. R., Mendes, A., Lemos, M. & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1939) Fado Portugues major. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3863b1/.
MLA citation style:
Alberto Mendes And Manuel Lemos, et al. Fado Portugues major. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3863b1/>.