Audio Recordings Fado corrido
About this Item
- Fado corrido
- Contributor Names
- Alice Lemos Avila, Clifford Franco, and Ed Pavon (performers)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Franco, Clifford (performer)
- Pavon, Ed (performer)
- Avila, Alice Lemos (performer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Songs, Portuguese -- California -- Oakland
- - Portuguese Americans -- California -- Oakland -- Music
- - Fados
- - Sung by Clifford Franco, accompanying himself on English guitar, with Ed Pavon on guitar and "answering verses" sung by Alice Lemos Avila.
- - Inscribed on dust jacket by Sidney Robertson Cowell: "Motor running a little fast -- this was played in D major, but sounds almost like E flat."
- - Clifford Franco, vocals and English guitar; Ed Pavon, guitar; Alice Lemos Avila, vocals. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Oakland, California on January 25, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - In Portuguese. (language)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Alice Lemos Avila and friends performing Portuguese songs and music from December 31, 1938 through April 12, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Oakland, California.
- - 47M B2 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 band of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,140)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (23,641)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,046)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (112,418)
- American Memory (563,450)
ContributorsAlice Lemos Avila, Clifford Franco, and Ed Pavon
Archive of Folk Culture (library of Congress)
Avila, Alice Lemos
Cowell, Sidney Robertson
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Alice Lemos Avila, Clifford Franco, And Ed Pavon, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Clifford Franco, Ed Pavon, Alice Lemos Avila, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Fado Corrido. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3872b2/. (Accessed July 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Alice Lemos Avila, C. F., Cowell, S. R., Franco, C., Pavon, E., Avila, A. L. & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1939) Fado Corrido. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3872b2/.
MLA citation style:
Alice Lemos Avila, Clifford Franco, And Ed Pavon, et al. Fado Corrido. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3872b2/>.