Audio Recordings O Senhor Ladrao = Oh Mister Robber
About this Item
- O Senhor Ladrao = Oh Mister Robber
- Contributor Names
- Alice Lemos Avila, Elzira Silva, and Antonio Medeiros (performers)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Avila, Alice Lemos (performer)
- Silva, Elzira (performer)
- Medeiros, Antonio (performer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Songs, Portuguese -- California -- Oakland
- - Portuguese Americans -- California -- Oakland -- Music
- - Singing games
- - Dance music
- - Children's songs
- - Dust jacket notes: Children's singing game.
- - Alice Lemos Avila, vocals and English guitar; Elzira Silva and Antonio Medeiros, vocals. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Oakland, California on March 8, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - In Portuguese. (language)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Alice Lemos Avila and friends performing Portuguese songs and music from December 31, 1838 through April 12, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Oakland, California.
- - 50M B3 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 band of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,041)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (23,651)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,036)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (111,969)
- American Memory (562,936)
ContributorsAlice Lemos Avila, Elzira Silva, and Antonio Medeiros
Archive of Folk Culture (library of Congress)
Avila, Alice Lemos
Cowell, Sidney Robertson
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Alice Lemos Avila, Elzira Silva, And Antonio Medeiros, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Alice Lemos Avila, Elzira Silva, Antonio Medeiros, and Archive Of Folk Culture. OSenhor Ladrao = Oh Mister Robber. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3875b3/. (Accessed August 29, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Alice Lemos Avila, E. S., Cowell, S. R., Avila, A. L., Silva, E., Medeiros, A. & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1939) OSenhor Ladrao = Oh Mister Robber. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3875b3/.
MLA citation style:
Alice Lemos Avila, Elzira Silva, And Antonio Medeiros, et al. OSenhor Ladrao = Oh Mister Robber. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3875b3/>.