Audio Recordings Minha mai = My mother
About this Item
- Minha mai = My mother
- Contributor Names
- Alice Lemos Avila, Frank Cunha, and Joachim Flores (performers)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Avila, Alice Lemos (performer)
- Cunha, Frank (performer)
- Flores, Joaquim (performer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Songs, Portuguese -- California -- Oakland
- - Portuguese Americans -- California -- Oakland -- Music
- - Mothers -- Songs and music
- - Inscribed on dust jacket by Sidney Robertson Cowell: "Tests -- A composition by Mrs. Avila for Mother's Day."
- - Alice Lemos Avila, vocals; Frank Cunha, mandolin; Joachim Flores, guitar. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Oakland, California on April 12, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - In Portuguese. (language)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Alice Lemos Avila and friends performing Portuguese songs and music from December 31, 1938 through April 12, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Oakland, California.
- - 52M A1, A2, A3, & A4 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 4 bands of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
ContributorsAlice Lemos Avila, Frank Cunha, and Joachim Flores
Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
Avila, Alice Lemos
Cowell, Sidney Robertson
Songs and Music
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Alice Lemos Avila, Frank Cunha, And Joachim Flores, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Alice Lemos Avila, Frank Cunha, Joaquim Flores, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Minha mai = My mother. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3877a3. (Accessed May 02, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Alice Lemos Avila, F. C., Cowell, S. R., Avila, A. L., Cunha, F., Flores, J. & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1939) Minha mai = My mother. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3877a3.
MLA citation style:
Alice Lemos Avila, Frank Cunha, And Joachim Flores, et al. Minha mai = My mother. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3877a3>.