Audio Recordings Fado de Coimbra = Fado from Coimbra
About this Item
- Fado de Coimbra = Fado from Coimbra
- Contributor Names
- Alice Lemos Avila, Frank Cunha, and Joachim Flores (performers)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Avila, Alice Lemos (performer)
- Cunha, Frank (performer)
- Flores, Joaquim (performer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Songs, Portuguese -- California -- Oakland
- - Portuguese Americans -- California -- Oakland -- Music
- - Fados
- - Coimbra (Portugal) -- Songs and music
- - Dust jacket notes: Fado from Coimbra, Portugal, the seat of the University of Coimbra.
- - Alice Lemos Avila, vocals; Frank Cunha, mandolin; Joaquim Flores, guitar. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Oakland, California on April 12, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - In Portuguese. (language)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Alice Lemos Avila and friends performing Portuguese songs and music from December 31, 1938 through April 12, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Oakland, California.
- - 55M A2 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 band of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,140)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (23,641)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,046)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (112,418)
- American Memory (563,450)
ContributorsAlice Lemos Avila, Frank Cunha, and Joachim Flores
Archive of Folk Culture (library of Congress)
Avila, Alice Lemos
Cowell, Sidney Robertson
Songs and Music
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Alice Lemos Avila, Frank Cunha, And Joachim Flores, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Alice Lemos Avila, Frank Cunha, Joaquim Flores, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Fado de Coimbra = Fado from Coimbra. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3880a2/. (Accessed July 24, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Alice Lemos Avila, F. C., Cowell, S. R., Avila, A. L., Cunha, F., Flores, J. & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1939) Fado de Coimbra = Fado from Coimbra. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3880a2/.
MLA citation style:
Alice Lemos Avila, Frank Cunha, And Joachim Flores, et al. Fado de Coimbra = Fado from Coimbra. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a3880a2/>.