Audio Recordings James Bird
About this Item
- James Bird
- Contributor Names
- Ford, Warde (performer)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Ford, Warde (performer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Songs, English -- California -- Central Valley
- - Erie, Lake, Battle of, 1813 -- Songs and music
- - United States -- History -- War of 1812 -- Naval operations -- Songs and music
- - Dust jacket notes: The second of two last verses on 4202 A1 is "defective." The "corrected" version is on AFS 4202 A2.
- - Song depicts story of James Bird who distinguished himself for bravery on Lake Erie when Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry won a decisive battle against the British during the War of 1812. Bird was wounded, left the fleet for a time, and later was shot as a deserter.
- - Warde Ford, unaccompanied vocals. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Central Valley, California on December 27, 1938. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Warde Ford performing Anglo-American songs on December 25, 26, and 27, 1938 and September 4, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Boomtown [Central Valley], Shasta County, California.
- - 19E A1 & A2 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 2 bands of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,050)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,251)
- American Folklife Center (24,253)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,046)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (112,528)
- American Memory (562,450)
ContributorsArchive of Folk Culture (library of Congress)
Cowell, Sidney Robertson
Erie, Lake, Battle of
Songs and Music
War of 1812
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ford, Warde, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Warde Ford, and Archive Of Folk Culture. James Bird. 1938. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4202a1/. (Accessed October 01, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Ford, W., Cowell, S. R., Ford, W. & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1938) James Bird. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4202a1/.
MLA citation style:
Ford, Warde, et al. James Bird. 1938. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4202a1/>.