Audio Recordings The Soldier's sweetheart
About this Item
- The Soldier's sweetheart
- Contributor Names
- Warde and Pat Ford (performer)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Ford, Warde (performer)
- Ford, Pat (performer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Songs, English -- California -- Central Valley
- - Ballads, English
- - Love songs
- - Dust jacket notes: "Sung by 'Boney' (Warde H. Ford) and Pat Ford. Learned from an old 'Kaintuck' in Wisconsin."
- - Warde and Pat Ford, unaccompanied vocals. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Central Valley, California on December 27, 1938. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Warde Ford performing Anglo-American songs on December 25, 26, and 27, 1938 and September 4, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Boomtown [Central Valley], Shasta County, California.
- - 21E B1 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 band of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,051)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (23,647)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,046)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (112,528)
- American Memory (562,451)
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Warde And Pat Ford, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Warde Ford, Pat Ford, and Archive Of Folk Culture. TheSoldier's sweetheart. 1938. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4204b1/. (Accessed September 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Warde And Pat Ford, Cowell, S. R., Ford, W., Ford, P. & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1938) TheSoldier's sweetheart. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4204b1/.
MLA citation style:
Warde And Pat Ford, et al. TheSoldier's sweetheart. 1938. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4204b1/>.