Audio Recordings Mogatz Mirza, lament for Mogatz Mirza
About this Item
- Mogatz Mirza, lament for Mogatz Mirza
- Contributor Names
- Baboyan, Ruben J. (performer)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Songs, Armenian -- California -- Fresno
- - Armenian Americans -- California -- Fresno -- Music
- - Laments
- - Ballads, Armenian
- - Armenian massacres, 1915-1923 -- Songs and music
- - LC romanized form of title: Mokats Mirza.
- - Yellow song check-list notes: "Told in the traditional narrative song style, starting high -- dropping pitch and volume at end of line."
- - Ruben J. Baboyan, unaccompanied vocals. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Fresno, California on April 16, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - In Armenian. (language)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Ruben J. Baboyan performing Armenian and Armeno-Turkish songs on April 16, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Fresno, California.
- - 58M B1 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 band of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,140)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (23,643)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,046)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (112,418)
- American Memory (564,242)
ContributorsArchive of Folk Culture (library of Congress)
Baboyan, Ruben J.
Cowell, Sidney Robertson
Songs and Music
Articles and Essays with this item:
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Baboyan, Ruben J, Sidney Robertson Cowell, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Mogatz Mirza, lament for Mogatz Mirza. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4236b1/. (Accessed July 29, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Baboyan, R. J., Cowell, S. R. & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1939) Mogatz Mirza, lament for Mogatz Mirza. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4236b1/.
MLA citation style:
Baboyan, Ruben J, Sidney Robertson Cowell, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Mogatz Mirza, lament for Mogatz Mirza. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4236b1/>.