Audio Recordings Song of freedom
About this Item
- Song of freedom
- Contributor Names
- Aslanian's Armenian Orchestra (performers)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Aslanian, Jack (performer)
- Haroutunian, Bedros (performer)
- Krotlian, Archie (performer)
- Takakjian, Mesrout (performer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Armenian Americans -- California -- Fresno -- Music
- - Qanun music
- - Armenian massacres, 1915-1923 -- Songs and music
- - Dust jacket notes: The qanun plays the opening solo.
- - Jack Aslanian, violin; Bedros Haroutunian, qanun; Archie Krotlian, oud; Mesrout Takakjian, clarinet. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Fresno, California on April 23, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Aslanian's Armenian Orchestra performing Armenian and Armeno-Turkish dance music on April 23, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Fresno, California.
- - 67M B1 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 band of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,238)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,068)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,717)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (22,526)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,016)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (111,778)
- American Memory (561,032)
ContributorsArchive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
Aslanian's Armenian Orchestra
Cowell, Sidney Robertson
Songs and Music
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Aslanian'S Armenian Orchestra, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Jack Aslanian, Bedros Haroutunian, Archie Krotlian, Mesrout Takakjian, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Song of Freedom. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4245b1. (Accessed February 13, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Aslanian'S Armenian Orchestra, Cowell, S. R., Aslanian, J., Haroutunian, B., Krotlian, A., Takakjian, M. & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1939) Song of Freedom. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4245b1.
MLA citation style:
Aslanian'S Armenian Orchestra, et al. Song of Freedom. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4245b1>.