Audio Recordings Santos = Holy, holy
About this Item
- Santos = Holy, holy
- Contributor Names
- Six Indian Women (performer)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Pico, Virginia (performer)
- Valenzuela, Salvadora (performer)
- Golsh, E. de la (performer)
- Ortega, Jacinta (performer)
- Myers, Everista (performer)
- Acosta, Rosalie (performer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Spanish Americans -- California -- Pala -- Music
- - Hymns, Spanish -- California -- Pala
- - Indians of North America -- California -- Pala -- Music
- - Missions -- California -- Pala -- Music
- - Dust jacket notes: A traditional melody sung at the Pala Mission by six Indian women.
- - Virginia Pico, vocals; Salvadora Valenzuela, vocals; E. de la Golsh, vocals; Jacinta Ortega, vocals; Everista Myers, vocals; Rosalie Acosta, vocals. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Pala, California on June 4, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - In Spanish. (language)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting a group of six Native American women performing a mission song in Spanish on June 4, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Pala, California.
- - 75M A1 & B1 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 2 sides of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Archive of Folk Culture (library of Congress)
Cowell, Sidney Robertson
Golsh, E. De La
Six Indian Women
Indians of North America
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Six Indian Women, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Virginia Pico, Salvadora Valenzuela, E. De La Golsh, Jacinta Ortega, Everista Myers, Rosalie Acosta, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Santos = Holy, holy. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4253b1/. (Accessed September 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Six Indian Women, Cowell, S. R., Pico, V., Valenzuela, S., Golsh, E. D. L., Ortega, J. [...] Archive Of Folk Culture. (1939) Santos = Holy, holy. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4253b1/.
MLA citation style:
Six Indian Women, et al. Santos = Holy, holy. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4253b1/>.