Audio Recordings Groong jan = Dear crane
About this Item
- Groong jan = Dear crane
- Contributor Names
- Shapazian, Vartan S. (performer)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Songs, Armenian -- California -- Fowler
- - Armenian Americans -- California -- Fowler -- Music
- - LC romanized form of title: Krunk jan.
- - Translation of song title listed on dust jacket as: "Messenger swallows."
- - Vartan S. Shapazian, unaccompanied vocals. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Fowler, California on October 30, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - In Armenian. (language)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Vartan S. Shapazian performing Armenian and Armeno-Turkish songs on October 30, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Fowler, California.
- - 88M B1 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 band of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- California Gold: Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell (1,239)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (2,051)
- American Folklife Center Reading Room (5,718)
- Recorded Sound Research Center (12,252)
- American Folklife Center (23,647)
- The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America (100,046)
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia (112,528)
- American Memory (562,451)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Shapazian, Vartan S, Sidney Robertson Cowell, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Groong jan = Dear crane. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4266b1/. (Accessed September 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Shapazian, V. S., Cowell, S. R. & Archive Of Folk Culture. (1939) Groong jan = Dear crane. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4266b1/.
MLA citation style:
Shapazian, Vartan S, Sidney Robertson Cowell, and Archive Of Folk Culture. Groong jan = Dear crane. 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4266b1/>.