Audio Recording The Girl with the Striped Stockings; Barbara Allen
About this Item
- The Girl with the Striped Stockings; Barbara Allen
- Lomax, John A. (John Avery), 1867-1948 (Interviewer)
- Nye, Pearl R., 1872-1950 (Performer)
Created / Published
- - Popular music
- - Folk songs, English
- - Ballads, English
- - Music
- - Field recordings
- - Songs
- - United States of America -- Ohio -- Akron
- Field recordings
- - Recording ends abruptly.
- - Recorded between June 26 and June 28, 1937 in Akron, Ohio.
- 1 sound disc: lacquer (aluminum base), analog, 12 in.
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1937/002: AFS 01002 B1
- AFC 1937/002: AFS 01002 B2
- Captain Pearl R. Nye collection (AFC 1937/002)
- American Folklife Center
- Traditional Ballads | Traditional and Ethnic | Musical Styles | Articles and Essays | The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America | Digital Collections
- Printable Timeline | 1800 to 1849 | Timeline | Articles and Essays | The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America | Digital Collections
- The Radio Research Project Manuscript Collection is Now Online
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Please cite the source collection title, collection number, and repository, for example:
Captain Pearl R. Nye collection (AFC 1937/002), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lomax, John A, and Pearl R Nye. The Girl with the Striped Stockings; Barbara Allen. 1937. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afcnye000004/.
APA citation style:
Lomax, J. A. & Nye, P. R. (1937) The Girl with the Striped Stockings; Barbara Allen. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afcnye000004/.
MLA citation style:
Lomax, John A, and Pearl R Nye. The Girl with the Striped Stockings; Barbara Allen. 1937. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcnye000004/>.