Manuscript/Mixed Material Song Transcriptions by Pearl R. Nye Song title: On the Banks of Salee / Song title: We'll Outshine the Sun / Song title: The Cruel Ship's Carpenter / Song title: Pretty Sally / Song title: Dandy Jim of Caroline / Song title: The Cumberland Crew / Song title: Mickey Branagan's Bull Pup / Song title: The World Was Made in Six Days / Song title: The Wife Wrapped in Wether's Skin / Song title: A Canal Ball
About this Item
- Song Transcriptions by Pearl R. Nye
- Song title: On the Banks of Salee
- Song title: We'll Outshine the Sun
- Song title: The Cruel Ship's Carpenter
- Song title: Pretty Sally
- Song title: Dandy Jim of Caroline
- Song title: The Cumberland Crew
- Song title: Mickey Branagan's Bull Pup
- Song title: The World Was Made in Six Days
- Song title: The Wife Wrapped in Wether's Skin
- Song title: A Canal Ball
- Nye, Pearl R., 1872-1950 (Author)
Created / Published
- - Folk songs, English
- - Ballads, English
- - Revival hymns
- - Canals--Ohio--Songs and music
- - Murder--Songs and music
- - Minstrel music
- - Nye, Pearl R., 1872-1950
- - Song lyrics handwritten by Pearl R. Nye
- - Manuscripts
- - Transcriptions
- - Song texts
- Song texts
- - Transcriptions written on several sheets of paper taped together. Length is approximately 168 inches.
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1937/002: Folder 13/ Subfolder A
- Captain Pearl R. Nye collection (AFC 1937/002)
- American Folklife Center
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Please cite the source collection title, collection number, and repository, for example:
Captain Pearl R. Nye collection (AFC 1937/002), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Nye, Pearl R. Song Transcriptions by Pearl R. Nye. [Unknown] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/afcnye000130/.
APA citation style:
Nye, P. R. Song Transcriptions by Pearl R. Nye. [Unknown] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afcnye000130/.
MLA citation style:
Nye, Pearl R. Song Transcriptions by Pearl R. Nye. [Unknown] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcnye000130/>.