Audio Recording Training new workers
About this Item
- Training new workers
- Contributor Names
- Hardy, Charles "Chuck" (Narrator)
- Taylor, David Alan, 1951- (Interviewer)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Vocational education
- - Oral history
- - Interviews
- - Sound recordings
- - Textile industry
- - Work processes
- - Weaving
- - Joseph Teshon Co. Inc. (Paterson, N.J.)
- - Ethnography
- - United States -- New Jersey -- Paterson
- - Interview with Charles "Chuck" Hardy, plant manager of Joseph Teshon, Inc., a fabric-weaving mill in Paterson, New Jersey. The interview is being conducted on September 9, 1994, in an office at the mill.
- - Summary of audio segment: Training new workers. Chuck places inexperienced workers with experienced workers; discussion of training worker (Timothy Cherry) to be a warper by working with Al Zarky; receiving training at Boris Krohl; "there has to be kind of a fit between the person that's learning the job and the person who's training him, you know, you can't really order people to put that aside."
- Analog Audio Cassette
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1995/028: WIP-DT-A022
- Source Collection
- Working in Paterson Project Collection (AFC 1995/028)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Working in Paterson Project collection, 1993-2002 (AFC 1995/028), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hardy, Charles "Chuck", and David Alan Taylor. Training New Workers. -09-09, 1994. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip000070/.
APA citation style:
Hardy, C. ". & Taylor, D. A. (1994) Training New Workers. -09-09. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip000070/.
MLA citation style:
Hardy, Charles "Chuck", and David Alan Taylor. Training New Workers. -09-09, 1994. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcwip000070/>.