Photo, Print, Drawing Dignitaries stand in front of the Montescaglioso Club; dignitaries include the mayor of Paterson (in white shirt) and Congressman Herbert Klein (on the mayor's left).
About this Item
- Dignitaries stand in front of the Montescaglioso Club; dignitaries include the mayor of Paterson (in white shirt) and Congressman Herbert Klein (on the mayor's left).
- McCarl, Robert (Collaborator)
- Levitas, Susan, 1961- (Collaborator)
- Carroll, Thomas D. (Collaborator)
- Pascrell, Bill (Depicted)
- Klein, Herbert (Depicted)
- Taylor, David Alan, 1951- (Collaborator)
- Cooper, Martha (Photographer)
Created / Published
- - Italian Americans
- - Community events
- - Ethnographic photographs
- - Religious processions
- - Parades
- - Saints' day celebrations
- - Mayors
- - Comitato Festa Patronale San Rocco (Paterson, N.J.)
- - Ethnography
- - Photographs
- - United States -- New Jersey -- Paterson
- - Forms part of a group of images documenting the annual San Rocco procession, sponsored by the Montescaglioso Club of Paterson, as it passes through the People's Park neighborhood of Paterson, New Jersey.
- 35 mm black-and-white film negative
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1995/028: WIP-MC-B008-10
- Working in Paterson Project Collection (AFC 1995/028)
- American Folklife Center
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Carroll, Thomas D.
- Cooper, Martha
- Klein, Herbert
- Levitas, Susan
- McCarl, Robert
- Pascrell, Bill
- Taylor, David Alan
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Working in Paterson Project collection, 1993-2002 (AFC 1995/028), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mccarl, Robert, Susan Levitas, Thomas D Carroll, Bill Pascrell, Herbert Klein, David Alan Taylor, and Martha Cooper. Dignitaries stand in front of the Montescaglioso Club; dignitaries include the mayor of Paterson in white shirt and Congressman Herbert Klein on the mayor's left. United States New Jersey Paterson, 1994. -08-14. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip000450/.
APA citation style:
McCarl, R., Levitas, S., Carroll, T. D., Pascrell, B., Klein, H., Taylor, D. A. & Cooper, M. (1994) Dignitaries stand in front of the Montescaglioso Club; dignitaries include the mayor of Paterson in white shirt and Congressman Herbert Klein on the mayor's left. United States New Jersey Paterson, 1994. -08-14. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip000450/.
MLA citation style:
Mccarl, Robert, et al. Dignitaries stand in front of the Montescaglioso Club; dignitaries include the mayor of Paterson in white shirt and Congressman Herbert Klein on the mayor's left. -08-14. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcwip000450/>.