Audio Recording Growing up in Paterson
[Growing up in Paterson]
About this Item
- Growing up in Paterson
- Titus, Robert "Barney" (Narrator)
- Dale, Robert (Narrator)
- McCarl, Robert (Interviewer)
Created / Published
- - Bars (Drinking establishments)
- - Community events
- - Oral history
- - Interviews
- - Sound recordings
- - Neighborhood
- - Watson Machine International
- - Ethnography
- - United States -- New Jersey -- Paterson
- - Interview with Barney Titus at Watson Machine International.
- - Summary of audio segment: Bob Dale tells what is was like growing up in Paterson. Paterson was beautiful then . . . we used to have convertibles. . . . There was no suburban sprawl then . . . no malls. The shopping was all downtown and we used to cruise down here when were seventeen, eighteen. All the girls would be shopping on Friday nights. Their mothers would be there, this wonderful . . . Quackenbushes, Meyer Brothers, Sterns . . . They were all in Paterson. It was beautiful. It was beautiful.
- Analog Audio Cassette
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1995/028: WIP-RM-A001
- Working in Paterson Project Collection (AFC 1995/028)
- American Folklife Center
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Working in Paterson Project collection, 1993-2002 (AFC 1995/028), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Titus, Robert "Barney", Robert Dale, and Robert McCarl. Growing up in Paterson. -08-05, 1994. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003177/.
APA citation style:
Titus, R. "., Dale, R. & McCarl, R. (1994) Growing up in Paterson. -08-05. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003177/.
MLA citation style:
Titus, Robert "Barney", Robert Dale, and Robert McCarl. Growing up in Paterson. -08-05, 1994. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003177/>.