Audio Recording "That was nice, camping like that."
About this Item
- "That was nice, camping like that."
- Contributor Names
- Basileo, Angelo (Narrator)
- McCarl, Robert (Interviewer)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Oral history
- - Interviews
- - Sound recordings
- - Retirees
- - Leisure
- - Machinery industry
- - Ethnography
- - United States -- New Jersey -- Haledon
- - Interview with Angelo Basileo at his home in Haledon, New Jersey.
- - Summary of audio segment: This past year, because of a fire, all of the cabins were cancelled. They had the place for April and November, but the fire settled all that. Used to be first served would get the permits, so Larry used to run down to the post office in Paterson at midnight so the letter would get there January 1. Then they changed to a lottery drawing, and when you send in your application you have to send your money and say which weeks you prefer. But this year it was cancelled. Everything changes.
- Analog Audio Cassette
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1995/028: WIP-RM-A009
- Source Collection
- Working in Paterson Project Collection (AFC 1995/028)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Working in Paterson Project collection, 1993-2002 (AFC 1995/028), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Basileo, Angelo, and Robert McCarl. "That was nice, camping like that.". -08-11, 1994. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003215/.
APA citation style:
Basileo, A. & McCarl, R. (1994) "That was nice, camping like that.". -08-11. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003215/.
MLA citation style:
Basileo, Angelo, and Robert McCarl. "That was nice, camping like that.". -08-11, 1994. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003215/>.