Audio Recordings "Praying before doing my job made me feel secure of my self: confidence."
About this Item
- "Praying before doing my job made me feel secure of my self: confidence."
- Contributor Names
- Jimenez, Waldina (Narrator)
- Levitas, Susan, 1961- (Interviewer)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Oral history
- - Interviews
- - Sound recordings
- - Faith
- - Honduran Americans
- - Memorial Day Care Center (Paterson, N.J.)
- - Ethnography
- - United States -- New Jersey -- Paterson
- - Interview with Waldina Jimenez, an office worker at Memorial Day Nursery.
- - Summary of audio segment: When I sat in front of the computer, I prayed. Before everything, I prayed: "God, give me the wisdom; I don't know these thing. I know how to type, but I think this is more than typing. God, teach me; Holy Spirit, be with me, tell me what to do;" and here I am! (How did praying help?) I'd pray, before, "Oh my Lord, I forgot, what's the next key?" then I hit the key -- I know that God told me "this is the key, hit it!" I learn through that without asking Kelly too much. Being guided by God and his holy spirit "Hit that key and you'll find the answer." Praying before doing my job made me feel secure of my self: confidence.
- Analog Audio Cassette
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1995/028: WIP-SL-A001
- Source Collection
- Working in Paterson Project Collection (AFC 1995/028)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Working in Paterson Project collection, 1993-2002 (AFC 1995/028), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jimenez, Waldina, and Susan Levitas. "Praying before doing my job made me feel secure of my self: confidence.". -08-05, 1994. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003597/. (Accessed December 09, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Jimenez, W. & Levitas, S. (1994) "Praying before doing my job made me feel secure of my self: confidence.". -08-05. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003597/.
MLA citation style:
Jimenez, Waldina, and Susan Levitas. "Praying before doing my job made me feel secure of my self: confidence.". -08-05, 1994. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003597/>.