Audio Recording "Italians come here more often as tourists than immigrants."
About this Item
- "Italians come here more often as tourists than immigrants."
- Contributor Names
- Venezia, Ralph (Narrator)
- Carroll, Thomas D. (Interviewer)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Italian Americans
- - Oral history
- - Interviews
- - Sound recordings
- - Stores & shops
- - 21st Avenue (Paterson, N. J.)
- - Sanremo Italian Imports (Paterson, N.J.)
- - Ethnography
- - United States -- New Jersey -- Paterson
- - Interview with Ralph Venezia, owner of Sanremo Italian Import Company.
- - Summary of audio segment: RV says each year they get a lot of Italian tourists who come to the shop, and they feel just like at home when they see the things he carries. People who live within 30 miles of the shop come in to buy magazines, newspapers, etc. And for traveling Italians, it [that search] becomes part of their vacation.
- Digital Audio Tape
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1995/028: WIP-TDC-A009
- Source Collection
- Working in Paterson Project Collection (AFC 1995/028)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Working in Paterson Project collection, 1993-2002 (AFC 1995/028), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Venezia, Ralph, and Thomas D Carroll. "Italians come here more often as tourists than immigrants.". -08-11, 1994. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003898/.
APA citation style:
Venezia, R. & Carroll, T. D. (1994) "Italians come here more often as tourists than immigrants.". -08-11. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003898/.
MLA citation style:
Venezia, Ralph, and Thomas D Carroll. "Italians come here more often as tourists than immigrants.". -08-11, 1994. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003898/>.