Photo, Print, Drawing Joe seated at his workbench, at work on a coat.
About this Item
- Joe seated at his workbench, at work on a coat.
- Pizza, Joseph (Depicted)
- Carroll, Thomas D. (Photographer)
Created / Published
- - Italian Americans
- - Work processes
- - Ethnographic photographs
- - Stores & shops
- - Tailor shops
- - 21st Avenue (Paterson, N. J.)
- - Ritz Tailor and Cleaning (Paterson, N.J.)
- - Ethnography
- - Photographs
- - United States -- New Jersey -- Paterson
- - Forms part of a group of images documenting Joe Pizza's tailor shop, called "Ritz Tailor and Cleaner" on the awning and in the telephone directory.
- - The microphone used for the interview, which had been conducted previous to the photography, is visible to his left. To the right, a fan is visible in the window. When operating, the fan blows over the steam pressing equipment that Joe uses.
- 35 mm color slide
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1995/028: WIP-TDC-C002-20
- Working in Paterson Project Collection (AFC 1995/028)
- American Folklife Center
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Working in Paterson Project collection, 1993-2002 (AFC 1995/028), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pizza, Joseph, and Thomas D Carroll. Joe Seated at His Workbench, at Work on a Coat. United States New Jersey Paterson, 1994. [-08-08] Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip004059/.
APA citation style:
Pizza, J. & Carroll, T. D. (1994) Joe Seated at His Workbench, at Work on a Coat. United States New Jersey Paterson, 1994. [-08-08] [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip004059/.
MLA citation style:
Pizza, Joseph, and Thomas D Carroll. Joe Seated at His Workbench, at Work on a Coat. [-08-08] Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcwip004059/>.