Photo, Print, Drawing Pasquale Mazzacolli trimming pork, either for sausage or to help fill an order.
About this Item
- Pasquale Mazzacolli trimming pork, either for sausage or to help fill an order.
- Contributor Names
- Mazzacolli, Pasquale (Depicted)
- Carroll, Thomas D. (Photographer)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Italian Americans
- - Work processes
- - Ethnographic photographs
- - Butcher shops
- - Stores & shops
- - 21st Avenue (Paterson, N. J.)
- - John and Joe's Meat Market (Paterson, N.J.)
- - Ethnography
- - Photographs
- - United States -- New Jersey -- Paterson
- - Forms part of a group of images documenting John and Joe's Meat Market.
- - Joe Miraglia has several types of customer -- walk-in, casual customers looking for a pound or so of sausage, ground meat, or steak; regular customers who order in relatively large quantities and use the meat during the course of the week; special orders, often placed by regular customers who are hosting a special event such as a backyard cookout or barbecue; and regular customers who regularly host a special event, such as a lamb or pork roast.
- 35 mm color slide
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1995/028: WIP-TDC-C012-04
- Source Collection
- Working in Paterson Project Collection (AFC 1995/028)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Working in Paterson Project collection, 1993-2002 (AFC 1995/028), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mazzacolli, Pasquale, and Thomas D Carroll. Pasquale Mazzacolli trimming pork, either for sausage or to help fill an order. New Jersey Paterson United States, 1994. -08-31. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip004148/.
APA citation style:
Mazzacolli, P. & Carroll, T. D. (1994) Pasquale Mazzacolli trimming pork, either for sausage or to help fill an order. New Jersey Paterson United States, 1994. -08-31. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip004148/.
MLA citation style:
Mazzacolli, Pasquale, and Thomas D Carroll. Pasquale Mazzacolli trimming pork, either for sausage or to help fill an order. -08-31. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcwip004148/>.