Photo, Print, Drawing A view from Getty Avenue into Corrados' Market grape warehouse area, which advertises wine grapes.
About this Item
- A view from Getty Avenue into Corrados' Market grape warehouse area, which advertises wine grapes.
- Contributor Names
- Carroll, Thomas D. (Photographer)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Ethnographic photographs
- - Getty Avenue (Paterson, N.J.)
- - Ethnography
- - Photographs
- - United States -- New Jersey -- Paterson
- - Forms part of a group of images documenting the Railway Avenue market area.
- - Corrados is a highly successful market which sells ethnic foods and produce. Corrados originated as part of the Railway Avenue markets, and the company had a small store on Railway Avenue for some years. They have expanded into a larger building on Getty Avenue in Clifton, just across the border from Paterson. They sell grapes from a separate location, which lies between the old Corrados and the newer main store.
- 35 mm color slide
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1995/028: WIP-TDC-C025-01
- Source Collection
- Working in Paterson Project Collection (AFC 1995/028)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Working in Paterson Project collection, 1993-2002 (AFC 1995/028), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Chicago citation style:
Carroll, Thomas D. A view from Getty Avenue into Corrados' Market grape warehouse area, which advertises wine grapes. New Jersey Paterson United States, 1994. -09-15. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip004282/.
APA citation style:
Carroll, T. D. (1994) A view from Getty Avenue into Corrados' Market grape warehouse area, which advertises wine grapes. New Jersey Paterson United States, 1994. -09-15. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwip004282/.
MLA citation style:
Carroll, Thomas D. A view from Getty Avenue into Corrados' Market grape warehouse area, which advertises wine grapes. -09-15. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcwip004282/>.