Manuscript/Mixed Material Letter from Woody Guthrie to Alan Lomax, February 15, 1941
About this Item
- Letter from Woody Guthrie to Alan Lomax, February 15, 1941
- Guthrie, Woody, 1912-1967 (Author)
- Lomax, Alan, 1915-2002 (Addressee)
Created / Published
- - California--Los Angeles
- - Correspondence--1940-1950
- - Folk music--History and criticism
- - Guthrie, Woody, 1912-1967
- - Lomax, Alan, 1915-
- - Musicians--Correspondence, reminiscences, etc
- - Radio broadcasting--1940-1950
- - Ray, Nicholas, 1911-
- - Correspondence
- - Manuscripts
- - From Los Angeles; Guthrie thinks he has gotten his old radio program back; wants to help Alan with his work in the Library of Congress by helping to collect material.
- - External display permitted by Guthrie family
- 2 p. : Manuscripts 8.5 x 11 in or smaller.
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1940/004: Woody Guthrie Manuscript Collection: Box 1, Folder A, Correspondence, 1940-50; A-18
- Woody Guthrie Manuscript Collection (AFC 1940/004)
- American Folklife Center
- online text
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
Rights to materials composed by Woody Guthrie are held by his family. Materials created by employees of the U.S. Government (including the correspondence by staff of the Archive of American Folk Song, Folklore Section, and Music Division at the Library of Congress included in this online collection) are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Please cite the source collection title, collection number, and repository:
Woody Guthrie Manuscript Collection (AFC 1940/004), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Guthrie, Woody, and Alan Lomax. Letter from Woody Guthrie to Alan Lomax. 15-Feb-41, 1941. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwwgbib000007/.
APA citation style:
Guthrie, W. & Lomax, A. (1941) Letter from Woody Guthrie to Alan Lomax. 15-Feb-41. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/afcwwgbib000007/.
MLA citation style:
Guthrie, Woody, and Alan Lomax. Letter from Woody Guthrie to Alan Lomax. 15-Feb-41, 1941. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcwwgbib000007/>.